I just love having spicy air fryer party mix on hand for snacking!
Do you like the Chex party mix? If so, this spicy version of the party mix is something you will be wanting to make on a regular basis.
What's great about this recipe is that it comes together quickly. The ingredients can be easily modified depending on your mood and it makes a delicious snack.
What is a spicy air fryer party mix?
This delicious snack is a combination of pretzels, nuts, spices, and Chex cereal, or your favorite rice cereal squares.
What's great about this recipe is that it comes together in just a few minutes. Since most of the ingredients you likely have already, it's great to make for a spontaneous movie party, or when friends pop by without warning.
What ingredients go into this crunchy snack?
There are some core ingredients that work best for this recipe. But the beauty is that you can substitute ingredients based on your own personal taste.
Some of my favorite things to include in this recipe are:
- Chex cereal, or generic rice square cereal mix
- Mini Pretzels
- Sesame seeds
- Cayenne pepper
What other ingredients can I add to this recipe?
As far as other ingredients, your only limitation is your creativity. A spicy air fryer party mix is truly what you make of it.
Some of the other ingredients I like to add to this recipe are:
- Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Caramel popcorn
- Peanut M&M's
- Dried cherries
- Peanut butter baking chips
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Vermont Maple Syrup
- Gochujang sauce
If you decide to add additional ingredients, some of them should be added after the mix has been cooked in the air fryer and had time to cool. Basically, anything that melts or can melt like baking chips, M&M's, chocolate-covered pretzels, or caramel popcorn should be added at the end.
Spicy Air Fryer Party Mix
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt optional
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup Chex mix or rice square cereal
- Preheat the air fryer to bake setting at 360F
- While the air fryer is preheating, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine
- Pour mixture into the air fryer cooking pan and bake for 2 minutes
- Stir and bake for one additional minute
- Remove mixture from air fryer and allow to cool on a sheet tray or wire rack for 5 minutes before eating