Learn How to Cook Pizza in the Ninja Foodi Grill or Your Favorite AirFryer
If you've ever wondered how to cook pizza in the Ninja Foodi Grill you're not alone.
This question comes up often in my Ninja Foodi Grill Lovers Group and frankly pizza was one of the first things I wanted to cook after unboxing the Foodi Grill.
I'm a full-on pizza snob and pizza is a part of my DNA.
Growing up in an area where pizza is a verb I know that all pizza is not created equal.
Bad pizza is cringe-worthy, forgettable, and frankly should be renamed. I suppose you could call it yellow food, but that would probably annoy the disciples of primary colors.
But good pizza...
Good pizza is hard to describe.
Good pizza will fill you up, but at the same time leave you wanting more. Good pizza can strengthen relationships. It's a series of stamps on your culinary passport to flavorful destinations around the world.
Good pizza is paradoxical. It's crunchy but also soft. Good pizza will calibrate the five senses. It actually makes the other food and drinks sitting on the table taste better.
Kids will eat their salad when good pizza is around and it's rumored that dogs and cats get along when good pizza is in the home.
So why do people always ask how to cook pizza in the ninja foodi grill?
I learned recently after acquiring a designated pizza oven that it's much easier to eat pizzeria-style pizza than it is to make it.
But the Ninja Foodi Grill has some advantages over my dedicated pizza oven.
Because the Foodi Grill operates as a powerful mini convection oven, you can get similar results to ovens from a commercial kitchen, albeit on a smaller scale.
Even frozen pizza like this deep dish pizza cooked in an air fryer comes out wonderful from the Foodi Grill.
How to Cook Pizza in the Ninja Foodi Grill or AirFryer
- Ninja Foodi Grill or another air fryer
- Pizza dough
- Other pizza toppings
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to 390F on Air Crisp
- While the grill or air fryer is preheating, roll out your pizza crust to a size that will fit inside your cooker
- Carefully place the pizza crust into the cooker and par-cook for 3 minutes or just long enough so the dough is no longer raw and supple
- Remove the pizza crust from the Foodi Grill and allow the grill to keep cooking so it stays at the optimal temperature
- Top the pizza with your favorite toppings
- Return the pizza with toppings to the Foodi Grill
- Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, checking frequently until the crust has turned golden brown, the cheese has melted, and the toppings are cooked to your personal preference
- Carefully remove the hot pizza from the Foodi
- Cut and serve
After you add a Ninja Foodi Grill to your cavalry of cookers, check out this list of inspiring recipes. Our favorites are listed in this post with plenty of ideas about what you could be cooking next.