Shrimp Burger On The Blackstone Griddle
When I originally thought about making a shrimp burger on the Blackstone Griddle, it was for a fun event I participate in called #BurgerMonth.
Don't get me wrong, I love a traditional ground meat burger like a SmashBurger, a Maple Bacon Beer Burger, or an occasional veggie burger too but this time I was thinking of making something a bit different.
Having just written the book The Flippin’ Awesome Backyard Griddle Cookbook: Tasty Recipes, Pro Tips and Bold Ideas for Outdoor Flat Top Grillin’, it was a no-brainer I would try and create this recipe on the Blackstone Griddle.
Lately, I have been making these amazing club sandwiches on the griddle with super simple ingredients that taste great together. I decided to build upon what I had been making using bacon, avocado, and fresh tomato. Instead of bread, I use day-old jasmine rice which I fashion into a patty and cook on the griddle to resemble a bun.
Although the ingredients alone would have been delicious, I had some gorgeous gulf shrimp which I knew would play well with everything else. Normally I make shrimp and grits with these sweet-tasting shrimps, but they are perfect for cooking on the griddle.
Shrimp Burger On The Blackstone Griddle With Jasmine Rice Bun
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Jasmine Rice Bun
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Other ingredients
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Make the buns using Jasmine rice previously cooked and cooled. Beat the egg and mayonnaise until smooth and fold in the rice until well combined.
- Line a large ramekin with plastic wrap and press in 1 cup of rice to mold. Carefully remove the rice bun and place on a plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining rice to make four buns.
- Place the rice buns in the freezer for one hour to harden.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp with minced garlic, oil, and paprika. Set aside in the refrigerator to briefly marinate.
- Preheat the griddle to medium-high heat and start cooking the bacon.
- When the bacon is about halfway cooked, oil the open space on your griddle and place the mostly frozen rice buns on the griddle. You want the rice buns to get a crispy exterior and become warm throughout. The rice bun is vulnerable to falling apart so cook for about five minutes before carefully flipping.
- Cook the second side for three to five minutes or until the bun is warmed through and has a nice golden exterior. Set aside.
- Finish cooking the bacon until done and set aside.
- Using a spatula, spread any oils or bacon grease on the griddle into a thin layer and begin cooking the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for about five to seven minutes until they are no longer translucent and done.
- To assemble the Shrimp Burger on the Blackstone Griddle dish place the jasmine rice bun on a plate.
- Layer on the bacon, sliced avocado, and Roma tomato. Divide the shrimp and pile them on the top.
- Serve open-faced.
If you would like to learn more about my new book on Flat-top Outdoor Griddle cooking you can click this link ==>> Check out the book on Amazon
Another one of my favorite shrimp recipes is this shrimp and scallop dish that also gets cooked on an outdoor griddle. If you try the recipe please leave a comment and let me know how it works out.
Leave a Reply