If you're looking for a quick yet elegant Blackstone griddle recipe, scallops and shrimp will not disappoint.
Scallops and shrimp can be served for a satisfying lunch with a salad or pair them with a glass of chardonnay and you have a restaurant-quality dish that's both healthy and delicious.
Are scallops and shrimp hard to make on the Blackstone griddle?
Not at all.
One of the benefits of cooking this dish and other seafood on the Blackstone griddle is that the griddle has a lot of real estate to cook on.
A large surface area means that you can spread out your food and get a wonderfully browned crust on both the shrimp and scallops. This is something that's harder to achieve using your stovetop and skillets.
How long does it take to cook scallops or shrimp on the Blackstone griddle?
The seafood cooks quickly.
Cook the scallops for 2 minutes per side, flipping only once. The shrimp also cook for about 4 minutes total when cooked over medium-high heat.
Scallops and Shrimp on the Blackstone Griddle
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pat butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose bbq rub
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to medium-high heat, about 400F
- Pat both the scallops and shrimp dry with multiple layers of paper towels
- Melt the butter on the griddle
- Place the shrimp in the butter and begin to cook
- Place the scallops on the griddle
- Season the scallops with the BBQ seasoning
- Season the shrimp with the lemon pepper
- After cooking each for 2 minutes, flip the shrimp then flip the scallops
- Cook for 2 more minutes
- Remove the scallops
- Check the shrimp to see if they have lost all gray color and opaqueness. If the shrimp are still slightly opaque, cook an additional minute until done
- Serve immediaitely
If you're looking for a delicious breakfast dish to cook on the Blackstone Griddle, check out this French Toast sandwich recipe.
When it comes to griddle cleanup, no one wants to deal with a mess. These rear grease trap liners are disposable and fit the Blackstone 36" & 28" griddles. They make cleanup a cinch and you can find them on Amazon.