Turkey Breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill
It doesn't have to be November for you to cook a turkey breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill.
Most of us love turkey sandwiches but typically don't go through the hassle of cooking an entire turkey. And I get that.
Frankly, it's a lot of work and a lot of meat to cook just for sandwiches.
But lately, supermarkets have been selling just the turkey breast on its own. You don't need to buy a large bird to have freshly cooked turkey at home.
For most people, this makes cooking turkey so much more manageable.
Typically these smaller turkey breasts are found in the freezer section of the meat department.
I've found that they range between 2-5 pounds and if you keep your eyes open for when they are on sale, they are quite reasonably priced.
One of the benefits of these pre-portioned turkey breasts is that they often come pre-brined in a salt solution. This not only keeps the turkey meat juicy and moist during the cooking, but it also adds a significant amount of flavor to the meat.
Don't forget to defrost the turkey breast
Before you cook a turkey breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill, you want to make sure it has been properly defrosted.
Most turkey breasts are fresh frozen and the package gives good directions as to the best defrosting method before cooking.
If the packaging doesn't give defrosting suggestions, I recommend allowing it to defrost for a full 48 hours in the refrigerator.
Place the turkey breast on a wire rack over a sheet pan that will fit in your refrigerator. This will allow any juices which can sometimes seep out to get caught in the pan and not make a mess in your refrigerator.
If you've tried this recipe and enjoy it, I'm sure you will love this Moscow Mule brined pork chop. Give it a shot and leave a comment about how everyone loved it as much as we do!
Recently CJ of CJ's Tasty Things cooked a delicious turkey breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill.
I was able to learn her method for cooking a turkey breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill and she's been generous enough to share it with us here.
Ninja Foodi Grill Recipe: Turkey Breast
- 2.5 pound frozen turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite turkey seasoning or rub
- Defrost the turkey breast based on the manufacturer's instructions or follow the suggestions in this article
- Allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for one hour
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels
- Season the turkey breast with your favorite turkey seasoning
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to 325F on the bake setting
- Bake at 350F flipping every 15 minutes for 75 minutes
- Roast the turkey breast skin side up at 375F for 15 minutes or until the skin of the turkey breast is browned to your liking
- Allow the meat to rest loosely tented with foil for 15 minutes before slicing
If you're looking for other inspiring recipes to cook in the Ninja Foodi Grill, some of our favorites are listed in this post with plenty of ideas about what you should be cooking next.
We've also compiled a list of the best accessories for the Ninja Foodi Grill that we own and use on a regular basis you may find interesting.