If you're looking for a simple air fryer fish recipe it doesn't get more simple and delicious than pecan-crusted halibut.
Recently the folks at Eat Y'all reached out asking me if I was interested in trying some products directly from a few small farms they work with. I wholeheartedly believe in supporting small farms and small businesses and am excited to try some pecans direct from the farm.
Sunnyland Farms is in the heart of pecan country. Located in Albany, Georgia they have a variety of offerings including nuts and dried fruits with plenty of gift items for the foodie that's hard to shop for. I was excited to see the pecans in my care package and immediately knew I wanted to use at least some of them for an air fryer fish recipe.
It's almost like halibut was meant to be cooked in the air fryer
One of the things I love about air fryer cooking is that there are so many possibilities. Don't just limit yourself to frozen tater tots or chicken nuggets. Anything you can bake, roast, or broil is fair game for the air fryer.
Ever since I got my Ninja Foodi I've been experimenting with what types of fun seafood dishes can be made with an air fryer. One of the first things I made was this easy shrimp and grits recipe and I've been hooked on cooking seafood ever since.
This dish is cooked in the Ninja Foodi Grill. I like the grill because it does so much more than just air fry. One thing I appreciate is that it has a built-in digital probe thermometer. In this dish, I set the thermometer to 140F which is exactly the doneness I prefer for halibut. Once the food starts cooking the thermometer probe communicates with the Foodi Grill and shuts off when it hits the temperature I desire. Pretty cool!
The combination of ingredients in the egg slurry which you dip the fish in prevents the pecan nuts from falling off during the cooking.
If you're in the mood for a delicious halibut dish, give this air fryer fish recipe a shot!
The pecans used in this recipe are a part of FindFamilyFarms.com It’s is a new resource to help you discover safe & healthy groceries shipped directly from the family farm to your home. When you join the FARM CLUB to show your support of family farms, you'll receive exclusive discount pricing & perks as well as other great experiences & sampling opportunities. Learn more at www.findfamilyfarms.com
Air Fryer Fish Recipe Pecan Crusted Halibut
- 4 4- oz Halibut filets skin removed
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper divided
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup white wine
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare the dredge by whisking together the cornstarch with egg whites
- Add white wine a tablespoon at a time to the dredge until it's about the consistency of pancake batter
- Add lemon pepper to the dredge and stir
- Using a food processor, break down the pecan pieces until they are the consistency of breadcrumbs
- Combine the pecan crumbs and panko on a bowl and stir to combine
- Season each of the halibut filets with salt and lemon pepper
- Dredge the halibut into the egg mixture and then into the pecan breadcrumbs making sure the fish is well crusted
- Repeat with remaining fish
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F
- Cook the pecan-crusted halibut in the air fryer for about 8 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 140F
- Serve with a lemon wedge
I followed the recipe exactly as written and it came out perfectly!!! So delicious! I served it with yellow jasmine rice along with garlic and butter roasted brussel sprouts. I'll definitely be making this again since it was a big hit with hubby!