These Grilled Buffalo Wings have a secret ingredient- can you guess what it is?
Chicken on the bone, and chicken marinated overnight in buttermilk... these are a few of my favorite things!
I apologize that I only have a "during" photo because the after photo was more of a platter where the wings had disappeared from.
If anyone is interested in a zippy new spin on grilled buffalo wings try this recipe!
Grilled Buffalo Wings with a Twist
- Kamado Grill
- Gallon Ziplock bag
- 12 - 24 chicken wings Rule of thumb: approx. 6 wing segments per person
- ¾ cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- ¾ cup red hot sauce
- ⅔ cup potato flakes aka fake mashed potatoes
- Put wings in a gallon ziploc bag
- Add dressing and hot sauce
- Marinade 6 - 24 hours
- Kamado grill - heat soaked** at 300-325 raised direct cooking
- Take the marinated wings out and set on a cooling rack allowing the clumped on marinade to drip off.
- Toss the wings in ½-2/3 of a cup of potato flakes (from fake mashed potatoes) and then go to your raised direct surface.
- I cook for 50 min to an hour turning sparingly but mostly re-arranging to compensate for hot spots.
- The skin gets crispy and the potato flakes add an amazing crispy crunch.
- Now just sit back and watch then disappear. Who would have thought that adding potato flakes just prior to putting the Buffalo wings on the grill would leave such a crispy exterior?